This MegaChess set is hand carved to depict an oriental style design. The artists do a magnificent job capturing the true beauty of this ancient oriental culture. The brilliance of the natural teak grain and the astonishing detail really brings this MegaChess set to life. The beautifully oriental design and life like faces makes this MegaChess set truly unique!
All teak MegaChess sets are hand-crafted by native artisans near Bali in Indonesia. But you don't have to wait weeks for delivery. We have all sizes in stock, even the largest ones, and we can ship immediately. Teak is unsurpassed for outdoor use.
A new twist to the traditional Staunton Chess Pieces are our New Oriental Style Teak Chess Pieces with a 16" King! The artists do a magnificent job capturing the true beauty of this ancient oriental culture. The brilliance of the natural teak grain and the astonishing detail really brings this MegaChess set to life. The beautifully oriental design and life like faces makes this MegaChess set truly unique! Every piece has been carefully hand crafted to make this beautiful chess set. This 16” set is popular due to its unique design and exceptional beauty.
The set can also be easily transported to wherever one might wish to play, but may be even more suited to outdoor play - such as in yard, garden, park, or at beach. All that is needed is a balmy day, a flat surface, and a friend with whom to play.
MegaChess’ Teak Chess Sets are superior to any made in the world for the following reasons;
- Before we begin carving the pieces, we kiln dry the wood for two full year to insure as much of the internal moisture out of the wood as possible. Internal moisture in the wood at carving causes splitting and resin to leak from the pieces. We don't have either of those problems with our sets.
- Once carved, we apply a sun resistant stain to the pieces that protect the teak from sun damage.
- Once the stain is dry we apply eight layers of protective polyurethane to insure that nothing will damage the teak.
- On our Teak Chess Sets with an 8” King and a 12” King we apply a felt bottom to protect the playing surface.
- On our Teak Chess Pieces with a 16” King, 24” King, 36” King, 48” King and 72” King we apply a .33" layer of treaded rubber (similar, but much more attractive than a car tire tread) to the base that keeps the teak out of puddles that may form on your chessboard. This allows moisture on the board to vent from beneath the chess pieces.
- Every chess piece is hand made by experienced craftsman.
32 Beautifully hand carved chess pieces with the light side retaining it full natural color with a light, sun protecting stain and the dark color being stained to allow you to see the natural grains in this elegant wood.
This is the 3rd smallest of our seven teak chess sets and one of three Teak Chess Sets with a 16" King. These pieces are suitable for play indoors or outdoors. The 16” King is more than three times the size of a traditional chess set!
When planning a playing area, consider the minimum size of the square of a chessboard as the diameter of the base of the king (5.5"). The optimum chess board would be 8" squares, a standard tile size, yielding a chessboard 64" on each side.
Our Teak Chess Sets are not only beautiful, but they are strong and very durable! In fact teak is one of the toughest woods on the planet! It is particularly resistant to the elements, decay and insects due to it density and internal resins.
Our Teak Chess Sets are featured around the globe in some of the most exquisite resorts, country clubs, corporate settings, and backyards.
- Ships within 24 hours via FedEx Ground
- Delivered in 1 to 6 business days
- For faster delivery please call us at 949-630-0606 or email us for best rates
Specifications for the MegaChess Oriental Teak Chess Set with a 16” King:
King – 2 pieces – 16” tall with 5.5” base – weight 9 lbs.
Queen – 2 pieces – 15” tall with 5.5” base – weight 8 lbs.
Bishop – 4 pieces – 15.25” tall with 5.5” base – weight 9 lbs.
Knight – 4 pieces – 16.5” tall with 5.5” base – weight 9 lbs.
Rook – 4 pieces – 15.25” tall with 5.5” base – weight 7 lbs.
Pawn – 16 pieces – 13.5” tall with 5.5” base – weight 6 lbs.
Total 32 pieces – weight 310 pounds
Crate #1 – 48” x 48” x 40” – 310 lbs.
Since 2002, our Chess Sets, Chess Boards, Checkers and other accessories have been manufactured to the highest quality standards. Our manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Indonesia and China utilizes artisans to hand craft each piece with special care to meticulous detail. You will not find better Teak, Resin, Fiberglass, Plaster or Plastic Chess Sets made anywhere in the world and delivered to your door for better value.