Our Teak Chess Set with a 24" King is very popular for outdoor use. Children and adolescents especially love these pieces, and they are still not too large, nor too heavy, to be taken with you wherever you should wish to play. Even if kept permanently outdoors, in yard or garden, because they are of teak they can withstand any weather.
These Large Teak Chess Pieces are simply stunning. Every piece has been carefully hand crafted to make this beautiful chess set. This 24" set is popular due to its classic design and exceptional beauty.
This set is very similar to our 8", 12' and 16" Staunton chess sets. The set can also be easily transported to wherever one might wish to play, but may be even more suited to outdoor play - such as in yard, garden, park, or at beach. All that is needed is a balmy day, a flat surface, and a friend with whom to play.
MegaChess Teak Chess Sets are superior to any made in the world for the following reasons;
- The Teak used to craft the MegaChess Teak Chess Pieces is among the finest in the world.
- The long drying process and curing of this exquisite wood insures that it is durable and weather resistant and suitable for year round use.
- Sun resistant stain is applied to the chess pieces to enhance the beauty of the natural teak.
- We finish the chess pieces with high-grade protective polyurethane to enhance the beauty of the chess pieces.
- We apply a grooved rubber base that keeps the teak out of puddles that may form on your chessboard in inclement weather.
- Every chess piece is handmade by experienced craftsman.
32 Beautifully hand carved chess pieces with the light side retaining it full natural color with a light, sun protecting stain and the dark color being stained to allow you to see the natural grains in this elegant wood.
This is the middle height of our seven teak chess sets and one of three Teak Chess Sets with a 24" King. These pieces are suitable for play indoors or outdoors. The 24" King is more than five times the size of a traditional chess set!
For limited spaces, this elegant teak chess set captures the feel of an oversized chess set. When planning a playing area, consider the minimum size of the square of a chessboard as the diameter of the base of the king (11"). The optimum chess board would be 12" squares, a standard tile size, yielding a chessboard 8' on each side.
Our Teak Chess Sets are not only beautiful, but they are strong and very durable! In fact teak is one of the toughest woods on the planet! It is particularly resistant to the elements, decay and insects due to it density and internal resins.
Our Teak Chess Sets are featured around the globe in some of the most exquisite resorts, country clubs, corporate settings, and backyards.