- THE STUNNING BEAUTY OF TEAK: There is nothing as beautiful as the incredible range of colors in teak. This magnificent set is sealed in a medium brown and dark brown stain and treated with a high gloss polyurethane. The thick stains help protect the pieces the effects of the sun. The full range of colors is visible though the medium stain and the wood grain is clear through the darker stain.
- THE INCREADIBLE DETAIL OF HAND CARVED HARDWOOD: The beauty of a giant chess set comes from the level of detail hand carved into each giant chess piece. The sharply defined cross on the King. The points on the Queens crown. The sharp, deep cut on the hat of the Bishop. The incredible detail of the mane, ears and the downward snout of the Knight. The high rising tines of the Rook. As you look at the details of this set, remember that each detail was crafted by hand!
- CARE AND MAINTENANCE: Teak is one of the most weather proof and toughest woods on earth. Like any wood product left outdoors, your chess set must be cared for to last. Although we have cured the teak for a year before carving, it will continue to cure in your first year of ownership. While curing, protect the set from direct sun when not in use. By immediately repairing any nicks or cracks, your set will age beautifully.
- COMMERCIAL OR RESIDENTIAL: This king-size yard chess set can be displayed anywhere - big open floors, backyards, parties, campgrounds, shopping malls, schools, university and corporate campuses, cruise ships, local parks, museums - for groups of people to enjoy the complex and entertaining strategy implementation in a game of chess. Chess can become a communal experience and bring together family and friends when played out in the open on a lifesize set.
- MEGACHESS QUALITY: Each MegaChess item is meticulously handcrafted by artisans to ensure it maintains its appearance and integrity in all weather conditions and with long-term frequent use. We have been in the business of manufacturing large chess and checkers sets, boards, mats and other accessories using the highest quality standards since 2002.
MegaChess 36 Inch Teak Giant Chess Set specifications
- King 1 black and 1 white piece 36" tall with 15.75" base 50 lbs
- Queen 1 black and 1 white piece 29" tall with 14.75"base 40 lbs
- Bishop 2 black and 2 white pieces 27 tall with 13 base - 25 lbs
- Knight 2 black and 2 white pieces 24 tall with 13 base 45 lbs
- Rook 2 black and 2 white pieces 19.5" tall with 13" base 30 lbs
- Pawn 8 black and 8 white pieces 17.75 tall with 10" base" 20lbs
If you enjoy the best things made, this is the giant chess set for you. The combination of stunning colors and exquisite, hand carved details make this set the main focus of any garden or landscape design project.
Our Teak Chess Set with a 36-inch King is very popular for outdoor use. In your initial year of ownership, you should protect the chess pieces from the sun when not in use. Once completely cured, the set can stay out year-round and with proper annual maintenance, will withstand the elements very well.
Our Teak Chess Sets are not only beautiful, but they are strong and very durable! In fact, teak is one of the toughest woods on the planet! It is particularly resistant to the elements, decay and insects due to it density and internal resins.
This is the 3rd tallest of our seven teak chess sets and has a beautiful Staunton design. These pieces are suitable for play indoors or outdoors.
- This product ships in two crates by Freight Service
- Crate #1 40 x 38 x 40 450 lbs
- Crate #2 40 x 38 x 40 450 lbs
- When in stock, the set ships within 3 business days of the time your order is placed
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.