This set is very similar to our 12" set. The set can also be easily transported to wherever one might wish to play, but may be even more suited to outdoor play - such as in yard, garden, park, or at beach. All that is needed is a balmy day, a flat surface, and a friend with whom to play.
MegaChess’ Teak Chess Sets are superior to any made in the world for the following reasons;
- The Teak used to craft the MegaChess Teak Chess Pieces is among the finest in the world.
- The long drying process and curing of this exquisite wood insures that it is durable and weather resistant and suitable for year round use.
- Sun resistant stain is applied to the chess pieces to enhance the beautify of the natural teak.
- We finish the chess pieces with high grade protective polyurethane to enhance the beauty of the chess pieces.
- We apply a grooved rubber base that keeps the teak out of puddles that may form on your chessboard in inclement weather.
- Every chess piece is handmade by experienced craftsman.
32 Beautifully hand carved chess pieces with the light side retaining it full natural color with a light, sun protecting stain and the dark color being stained to allow you to see the natural grains in this elegant wood.
This is the 3rd smallest of our seven teak chess sets and one of three Teak Chess Sets with a 16" King. These pieces are suitable for play indoors or outdoors. The 16” King is more than three times the size of a traditional chess set!
For limited spaces, this elegant teak chess set captures the feel of an oversized chess set. When planning a playing area, consider the minimum size of the square of a chessboard as the diameter of the base of the king (7.25"). The optimum chess board would be 8" squares, a standard tile size, yielding a chessboard 64" on each side.
Our Teak Chess Sets are not only beautiful, but they are strong and very durable! In fact teak is one of the toughest woods on the planet! It is particularly resistant to the elements, decay and insects due to it density and internal resins.
Our Teak Chess Sets are featured around the globe in some of the most exquisite resorts, country clubs, corporate settings, and backyards.
- Ships within 24 hours via FedEx Ground
- Delivered in 1 to 6 business days
- For faster delivery please call us at 949-630-0606 or email us for best rates
Specifications for the MegaChess Teak Chess Set with a 16” King:
King – 2 pieces – 16” tall with 7.25” base – weight 4 lbs.
Queen – 2 pieces – 14” tall with 6.5” base – weight 3 lbs.
Bishop – 4 pieces – 11.5” tall with 5.5” base – weight 2 lbs.
Knight – 4 pieces – 10” tall with 5.75” base – weight 4 lbs.
Rook – 4 pieces – 9.5” tall with 6.25” base – weight 2 lbs.
Pawn – 16 pieces – 8” tall with 4.25” base – weight – 1 lb.
Total 32 pieces – weight 62 pounds
Box #1 – 20” x 20” x 20” – 31 lbs.